I am an art director with 40 years of experience and an insatiable desire to create memorable, beautiful, compelling visual work. A history of varied design experience as the Art Director for Mayo Clinic’s magazines and external website to graphics for Atlas-Centaur Space Launch Missiles, 3D billboards for the music industry on the Sunset Strip and the original logo for the legendary bad boy of skateboarding Tony Alva. Creatively strategic, and strategically creative. I am adept at the art of selling concepts to clients and restraining them from going off brand. I play well with others in difficult situations and have proven ability to direct and mentor supporting design staff.
- Currently Art Director for Mayo Clinic’s Periodicals (Mayo Clinic Magazine, Alumni, Discovery’s Edge, and Connections). 1/2017- present
- From 1/2003- 2017 Art Director for Mayo Clinic’s external internet Sites.
- Creative direction and strategy for corporate branding, internet marketing, print and environmental graphics.
- Design and illustration for companies that include RocketFuel, Duarte Design, Avia ASG, Hewlett-Packard, Hughes, General Dynamics, SAIC, Trizec Properties, Warner Brothers Records, Miriello Grafico and Jostens Learning Corporation.
- Experience in repositioning brands by refreshing identity designs, product naming, message distilling and integrated product launch campaigns.
- Experience in design research and translating the results into contextual design across all interactions of user experience.
- Graduate of Art Center College of Design with BFA in Illustration. Go Red Dots! Attended UCSD, Palomar College and Ojai Digital Arts Center.
cell : +1 (760) 822-6600 4902 Wood Lane NW Rochester, MN 55901